The Guts Of A Phishing EmailTodd Smith, Director, Information Security Practice | September 6, 2017
Are you ready to lose all your money, cancel all accounts, and probably experience a system failure? I’m sure you will never be ready for that, which is why it’s critical you recognize the anatomy of a phishing email to avoid becoming a victim. So here are several warning signs to help you detect a malicious email.
- Any emails sent from public email addresses.
- General greetings such as “Dear User” or “Dear Customer.”
- Unsolicited attachments are typically neon signs of malware, especially if the attachment has a peculiar file name. (i.e. frontrack.zip)
- Computers do not know how to spell or string together phrases appropriately. Thus, when your email contains spelling or grammatical errors, keep your defenses up.
- Suspicious links to an unrecognized site, unusually named link, or a misspelled link.
- Requests for odd amounts of money or immediate action. In this day of emerging technology, if there were an emergency or a situation where a relative was in desperate need, chances are email would not be the communication medium.
- Toll free numbers sent from an unrecognized sender.
The best way to protect yourself and your company from the many phishing attacks coming your way, learn more about the interphase Systems Cyber Security Awareness and Training Program!
Mobile phones, computers and tablets connect us to the outside world. However, these items are grounds for breeding bacteria. Now, more than ever, we need to be cognizant of our surroundings and what can spread germs. Interphase Systems has put together a few tips for...
For Swedish real estate company Landgren, technological innovation is their key to success. Without an IT department, the company struggled to protect its sensitive company data, especially as business grew.
After adopting a comprehensive security solution from Microsoft 365 Business, Landgren was able to easily comply with strict European and U.S. data privacy standards. With security standards met, company leaders were able to focus on improving mobility and facilitating collaboration among employees. Now all team members have what they need, whenever they need it, from any device anywhere in the world.
Ready to take your business security to the next level? Contact our CyberSecurity team at Interphase Systems, Inc. to learn more: 610-276-5500 or email email@example.com. Contact us today!
Smooth, easy collaboration is more important than ever in today’s workforce. Microsoft is currently rolling out an updated Teams meeting experience that brings several highly-requested features to organizations that use Teams. This new experience will enable users to...
The way we work has evolved quickly during recent weeks. As a result, people are pressed for time, now more than ever. With these recent changes in working remotely, Interphase Systems has developed its latest “Lunch Byte” webinar series in an effort to help you...
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based collaboration tool that provides global and remote capabilities for various businesses within Office 365. It gives organizations the ability to work together and share information via a common space by employing the use of one-on-one...
Now that many of us are working remotely from home, we need to be sure that we are still protecting ourselves and our company from security threats and risks. DON’T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN! Some of us may be working on company laptops or PCs and some of us may be working...