New Enhancements to Outlook Web Apps That Will Benefit Your BusinessJohn Biglin, CEO | July 29, 2014
Outlook Web Apps for Office 365 has added several new features to help boost business continuity and make document collaboration more effective. The new apps will increase collaborative efforts by making it easier to view, edit, and reply to documents. These new enhancements apply to the Web version of Outlook only and you can access your account here.1. Side-by-side view. You can now view your documents and email side-by-side, eliminating the hassle of sifting through different windows to obtain the desired information. The most popular Microsoft apps support this new viewing, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF files, and most images. Simply click on the attachment, within the email, and the document will open to the side of the email message.
1. Side-by-side view. You can now view your documents and email side-by-side, eliminating the hassle of sifting through different windows to obtain the desired information. The most popular Microsoft apps support this new viewing, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF files, and most images. Simply click on the attachment, within the email, and the document will open to the side of the email message.
2. Seamless edit-and-reply. When you want to edit an attachment, you must endure the grueling process of downloading it, editing, saving,
- First, you click “Edit a copy” which is located right above the document.
- A draft reply-all message is created for you to send the new, edited version.
- Following this, an edit-ready document is prepared and renamed with your name at the end of the filename.
- Any changes you make to this new document will be automatically saved, so there is no need to look for a “Save”
option,or save it to an alternate location.
- When you’re ready to share your edited work, type a response in the email and simply click “Send.”
3. Larger user interface. Another great enhancement to Outlook Web Apps is the larger user interface. When you attach files, rather than seeing a small pop-up window, the view is larger and easier to see. In addition, you can download multiple attachments simultaneously in the form of a single zip file.
4. Refined Search. When you need to locate a specific document or email, you can use the improved search bar. Now you can refine your search by selecting different options on the left side panel, such as the time period or folder for speedier results
5. Drag and Drop. Attach documents faster with drag and drop. Save time by dragging and dropping attachments into your messages.
6. Emails by person. Quickly access your messages by searching per person. On the left side panel where your “People” are displayed, you can click a name and OWA will display all the emails between you and that person.
Share your thoughts about these new features below.
Teamwork is more important than ever for today's businesses--and Microsoft Teams makes it easier than ever for your business to begin realizing the promise of a digital workspace. Subscribe now to stay informed on how Teams, as the hub in Office 365, can elevate and...
At the Alcoa plant in the distant coastal town of Fjardaal, Iceland, employees relied on a magnetic board to assign and trade shifts, while standard email was used to communicate critical information from one shift to the next--both of which required people to be...
Did you know that technology is helping to protect and save our oceans? With #cloud security and communication tools, @JacksDiveLocker has exponentially increased their outreach and education efforts to keep our oceans healthy and thriving.
Want to see how the latest #security tools can help grow your business? Contact the Client Engagement team at Interphase Systems (email@example.com or 610-276-5500) to get started today!
Communication among team members and between different teams, especially when they’re in different locations, can be a huge challenge–but it doesn’t have to be an obstacle to collaboration and teamwork. Watch this video to discover why Red Lion Hotels (RLH) trusted Microsoft Teams to integrate all its corporate collaboration needs into one internal communications tool. Interphase Systems helps organizations of all types build and implement a collaboration strategy that leverages Microsoft Teams as the nexus for internal and external team collaboration. Contact our Client Engagement team today (firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-276-5500) to help your organization plan and implement its own collaboration strategy.
One of the most popular questions that I receive, as it pertains to Office 365, is as follows: "When should I use Teams, Yammer and Skype for Business? Their functions seem to crossover." Many people have provided their insights in an effort to...
Are you ready to lose all your money, cancel all accounts, and probably experience a system failure? I’m sure you will never be ready for that, which is why it’s critical you recognize the anatomy of a phishing email to avoid becoming a victim. So here are several...