New Enhancements to Outlook Web Apps That Will Benefit Your BusinessJohn Biglin, CEO | July 29, 2014
Outlook Web Apps for Office 365 has added several new features to help boost business continuity and make document collaboration more effective. The new apps will increase collaborative efforts by making it easier to view, edit, and reply to documents. These new enhancements apply to the Web version of Outlook only and you can access your account here.1. Side-by-side view. You can now view your documents and email side-by-side, eliminating the hassle of sifting through different windows to obtain the desired information. The most popular Microsoft apps support this new viewing, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF files, and most images. Simply click on the attachment, within the email, and the document will open to the side of the email message.
1. Side-by-side view. You can now view your documents and email side-by-side, eliminating the hassle of sifting through different windows to obtain the desired information. The most popular Microsoft apps support this new viewing, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF files, and most images. Simply click on the attachment, within the email, and the document will open to the side of the email message.
2. Seamless edit-and-reply. When you want to edit an attachment, you must endure the grueling process of downloading it, editing, saving,
- First, you click “Edit a copy” which is located right above the document.
- A draft reply-all message is created for you to send the new, edited version.
- Following this, an edit-ready document is prepared and renamed with your name at the end of the filename.
- Any changes you make to this new document will be automatically saved, so there is no need to look for a “Save”
option,or save it to an alternate location.
- When you’re ready to share your edited work, type a response in the email and simply click “Send.”
3. Larger user interface. Another great enhancement to Outlook Web Apps is the larger user interface. When you attach files, rather than seeing a small pop-up window, the view is larger and easier to see. In addition, you can download multiple attachments simultaneously in the form of a single zip file.
4. Refined Search. When you need to locate a specific document or email, you can use the improved search bar. Now you can refine your search by selecting different options on the left side panel, such as the time period or folder for speedier results
5. Drag and Drop. Attach documents faster with drag and drop. Save time by dragging and dropping attachments into your messages.
6. Emails by person. Quickly access your messages by searching per person. On the left side panel where your “People” are displayed, you can click a name and OWA will display all the emails between you and that person.
Share your thoughts about these new features below.
One of the most popular questions that I receive, as it pertains to Office 365, is as follows: "When should I use Teams, Yammer and Skype for Business? Their functions seem to crossover." Many people have provided their insights in an effort to...
Are you ready to lose all your money, cancel all accounts, and probably experience a system failure? I’m sure you will never be ready for that, which is why it’s critical you recognize the anatomy of a phishing email to avoid becoming a victim. So here are several...
Password managers do more for you than just help you remember which password you used for different accounts. In this post, I am going to dig a little deeper into explaining what password managers do and how can they benefit your personal security and privacy. A...
On March 1, 2017, New York State released new regulations, titled Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies (23 NYCRR 500), for institutions regulated by the New York Department of Financial Services (DFS). This states that any organization...
You’ve been getting this annoying pop-up for days. You contact your IT Help Desk who asks if you would be able to send him a screen shot of the error message… but you’re not entirely sure how to do that. The “Snipping Tool” is a program...
What you need to do in the short and long term to safeguard your company and employees from cyber threats. Over the last week, organizations across the globe were hit with a massive cyber attack involving ransomware. This is a type of malicious software that blocks...