New Enhancements to Outlook Web Apps That Will Benefit Your BusinessJohn Biglin, CEO | July 29, 2014
Outlook Web Apps for Office 365 has added several new features to help boost business continuity and make document collaboration more effective. The new apps will increase collaborative efforts by making it easier to view, edit, and reply to documents. These new enhancements apply to the Web version of Outlook only and you can access your account here.1. Side-by-side view. You can now view your documents and email side-by-side, eliminating the hassle of sifting through different windows to obtain the desired information. The most popular Microsoft apps support this new viewing, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF files, and most images. Simply click on the attachment, within the email, and the document will open to the side of the email message.
1. Side-by-side view. You can now view your documents and email side-by-side, eliminating the hassle of sifting through different windows to obtain the desired information. The most popular Microsoft apps support this new viewing, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF files, and most images. Simply click on the attachment, within the email, and the document will open to the side of the email message.
2. Seamless edit-and-reply. When you want to edit an attachment, you must endure the grueling process of downloading it, editing, saving,
- First, you click “Edit a copy” which is located right above the document.
- A draft reply-all message is created for you to send the new, edited version.
- Following this, an edit-ready document is prepared and renamed with your name at the end of the filename.
- Any changes you make to this new document will be automatically saved, so there is no need to look for a “Save”
option,or save it to an alternate location.
- When you’re ready to share your edited work, type a response in the email and simply click “Send.”
3. Larger user interface. Another great enhancement to Outlook Web Apps is the larger user interface. When you attach files, rather than seeing a small pop-up window, the view is larger and easier to see. In addition, you can download multiple attachments simultaneously in the form of a single zip file.
4. Refined Search. When you need to locate a specific document or email, you can use the improved search bar. Now you can refine your search by selecting different options on the left side panel, such as the time period or folder for speedier results
5. Drag and Drop. Attach documents faster with drag and drop. Save time by dragging and dropping attachments into your messages.
6. Emails by person. Quickly access your messages by searching per person. On the left side panel where your “People” are displayed, you can click a name and OWA will display all the emails between you and that person.
Share your thoughts about these new features below.
Mobile phones, computers and tablets connect us to the outside world. However, these items are grounds for breeding bacteria. Now, more than ever, we need to be cognizant of our surroundings and what can spread germs. Interphase Systems has put together a few tips for...
For Swedish real estate company Landgren, technological innovation is their key to success. Without an IT department, the company struggled to protect its sensitive company data, especially as business grew.
After adopting a comprehensive security solution from Microsoft 365 Business, Landgren was able to easily comply with strict European and U.S. data privacy standards. With security standards met, company leaders were able to focus on improving mobility and facilitating collaboration among employees. Now all team members have what they need, whenever they need it, from any device anywhere in the world.
Ready to take your business security to the next level? Contact our CyberSecurity team at Interphase Systems, Inc. to learn more: 610-276-5500 or email email@example.com. Contact us today!
Smooth, easy collaboration is more important than ever in today’s workforce. Microsoft is currently rolling out an updated Teams meeting experience that brings several highly-requested features to organizations that use Teams. This new experience will enable users to...
The way we work has evolved quickly during recent weeks. As a result, people are pressed for time, now more than ever. With these recent changes in working remotely, Interphase Systems has developed its latest “Lunch Byte” webinar series in an effort to help you...
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based collaboration tool that provides global and remote capabilities for various businesses within Office 365. It gives organizations the ability to work together and share information via a common space by employing the use of one-on-one...
Now that many of us are working remotely from home, we need to be sure that we are still protecting ourselves and our company from security threats and risks. DON’T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN! Some of us may be working on company laptops or PCs and some of us may be working...